Thursday 19 November 2020

Day 7 - 324 -- Frozen World

 The day was sunny and cold. The walk to the store for milk was brisk. Indoors I discovered the water had been turned off, which must have why I could hear heavy equipment a block away. Once back up and running, I was glad I wasn't doing laundry today. The water is always a horrid rusty red from sediment. It takes some time to get that mess to turn back to clean water. It can make a huge mess in a load of laundry and make a shower less than desirable. 

Cold temperatures with frozen bits on the porch have arrived as a way to herald the approach of the winter season. It isn't my favourite season, but it will arrive regardless of my opinions. There is the hope of spring, though, as the seasons have shown us that they keep changing even with a global pandemic. News of potential vaccines by then can also keep spirits up.  

A song about the changes of fall into winter came to mind with my meandering thoughts. Stay safe. Enjoy! 

A Hazy Shade of Winter -- Simon and Garfunkel



No comments:

Post a Comment