Friday 27 November 2020

Day 7 - 332 -- Rainy Day Errands

The week ended on a rainy note. The day was grey, but warmer than usual for the end of November. I headed out in the morning to run three quick errands. Picked up a product from the vet with no other customers out front. The library had a few visitors, but only one client ahead of me, so things went quickly. The postal outlet in the drugstore had one woman at the counter. I smiled until I rounded the corner and saw six people waiting in line -- taking up most of the cosmetic aisle. I waited. It was near lunch hour, so I expect that several folks were doing this on their break time. Several other people joined the line as we steadily moved forward. At the counter to pick up a couple books of stamps, I found they'd run out of the newer stamps with images painted by an artist from the province. If I'd gone to the main post office outlet, I doubt it would have made a difference and online orders might take a while. So, I took what they had from a previous Christmas. 

In the afternoon, I listened to a two student seminars online and then placed a couple of gift orders. Online orders that are shipped directly to recipients seemed the way to go today. There are others that will require that I stand in line again next week -- not an issue <smile>. As I sat with the computer, I found myself listening to the light rain on the roof. I do love that sound -- so soothing. It made me feel the need to take a nap, but I pushed through noting I could do that after supper <grin> 

A song using a rain metaphor came to mind today. I find the poetic nature of the lyrics fascinating, particularly those about clouds of mystery and confusion, and the bayou rock style is a fave. <smile>. Stay safe. Enjoy! 

Who'll Stop the Rain -- CCR



No comments:

Post a Comment