Sunday 15 November 2020

Day 7 - 318 -- Driving

 Today I went for a drive to Cape Breton. The day was a mix of sun and cloud and was much cooler than the rest of the week had been. It was invigorating to go for short walks along the way. I discovered some wonderful beaches -- places to return next year. The rural nature of the island brings a relaxed feeling. I've been to most areas of the island over the years and today went back through a favourite area along the Margaree Valley and western side from Inverness back to the causeway. There are many new-to-me places to explore with others. Missing the Celtic Colours music festival this fall, makes me want to experience this with friends that much more. 

I haven't done a trip like this for over a year. Being retired, I'd thought there would be more day trips around, but the pandemic has limited that ability. Just being out of town today, seemed to increase a feeling of calmness -- just seeing different surroundings was amazing. My shoulders dropped an inch or two <smile> and I smiled a lot during the drive. I felt like I could breathe better. That amazed me. I knew being semi-isolated for months had created some stresses -- what some might call 'cabin fever' or 'shack wacky'. Going for a walk around the neighbourhood helps most times, but even though walking feels good, at times it just is going by the same places repeatedly. 

A song that fit the day well is shared here. It made me smile. Stay safe. Enjoy! 

On the Road Again -- Willie Nelson



No comments:

Post a Comment