Saturday 28 November 2020

Day 7 - 333 -- Looking for Smiles

I chose to look for smiles along the way today.  My trip to bakery found all items on my list on the 'day old' rack at 30% off -- bread, rolls and cheese biscuits. Score! Then just seeing the tree lot set up in the mall parking lot from up the hill made me smile. That they had the wreath size I was looking for made the smile wider as did the great chat with the lot attendant. While at the office I found most of what I was looking for in the files and despite leaving the stick at home with the file I wanted to print, it was a good visit. Quiet in the corridor but I heard one door open and close a couple of times -- likely a colleague hiding away on the weekend. So, I will need to return tomorrow or Monday to print the needed file, but I tried to focus on the smiles rather than not. It was raining lightly when I left the building and intensity increased on the drive home. Another thing to smile about. All planned errands were finished before the rain -- no standing in the rain at a tree lot <smile> or having to sit in wet denim in the car or the office. 

Smiling can help move bluer feelings along. Shared with others smiles may lead them to smile and feel better, too. Lyrics from the selection today cover how a smile can make things feel 'right for a little while' <smile>. Stay safe. Enjoy! 

Smile that Smile -- Curtis Grimes



No comments:

Post a Comment