Sunday 12 January 2014

Day 12 -- Melting

Well, it has been melting -- not screaming like the wicked witch, but quietly in the night. I can see the grass on my walkway, though there is still a heavy sheet of ice around the car. Much of the roof snow and ice has melted, too. It will freeze tonight, but the forecast states that it will be warm enough this week for 'salt' (a non-salt melting product I use) to actually work. Yay!

Other than marvelling at the views out the windows today, it was just a regular Sunday -- cleaning, cooking and getting ready for work tomorrow. My daily selection by Goffin and King speaks to Sunday in the neighbourhood, but from a studio demo by one of the song writers. Her voice is amazing now, but the youthfulness of the timbre is clear in this example of her early career. Enjoy!

Pleasant Valley Sunday -- Carole King


2 comments:

  1. Ah, you know well that this is one of my favorites! I only wish that "The Legendary Demos" had included the demo for "The Porpoise Song." I have it (somewhere) but the quality is pretty low. It would be great to hear a master version of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree -- that would be amazing!

    ReplyDelete