Monday 6 January 2014

Day 6 -- end of the holidays

Today began very early, especially for this non-morning person. Classes resumed today and I have the Monday 8:15 class time this term. It was cold when I drove into the campus -- about -12C. It was +2C when I drove home and the temp is expected to rise throughout the night to somewhere between 7C and 11C. It was pouring rain when I got home, too. Already much of the snow layer next to the ground has turned to ice pack. I will need to salt tomorrow on the way out of the yard. There will be a type of 'flash freeze' tomorrow with temps dipping to -7 PM by afternoon. Time to dig out my add on grips to wear on my boots in hopes of avoiding a fall and broken something or other.

Today is also the end of the holiday season with either Epiphany or Christmas Eve (on the Julian calendar) being celebrated. So, this is the last time until next December, when I can easily share a Christmas tune. I've chosen a classic song but in a cover with a twist. It is definitely more bluesy than the way Irving Berlin wrote this one or how Bing sang it. <smile>  Enjoy!

White Christmas -- Otis Redding

No comments:

Post a Comment