Sunday 5 January 2014

Day 5 -- An expanded world

Another day with sun and some cloud and lots and lots of snow <smile>. By noon, the end of the drive wasn't cleared as I had expected it to be and just as I was about to dial the plough-man, he called me. He was occupied shovelling snow off roofs and was sending a back hoe to clear my drive. The fellow who shovelled me out after a huge storm last year arrived at my door in the afternoon and I now have an exit path out the back door and around the side of the house. Still, at 6 PM after I'd cleared off the car, the drive had not been cleared. After another call to the plough-man the back hoe arrived shortly and cleared the drive. I then cleared the debris from the loader and sheered the tops off several drifts to make the next snow fall easier to add.

There is an odd feeling of being trapped when to leave the yard requires wading through knee deep snow. Worse perhaps is knowing the car cannot leave the driveway. A silly feeling but one that exists none the less. While waiting for the plough and clearing off the car, the line from a song entered my mind -- that ear worm sort of repeating line. Now the song speaks to something far greater than getting my driveway cleared, but in a way the act of clearing the driveway does expand my world. <smile>  Enjoy!

Waiting on the World to Change -- John Mayer


No comments:

Post a Comment