Thursday 16 January 2014

Day 16 -- Desk Archeology

Today there was actually time for me to spend catching up on the pile of things on my desk and in the e-mail inbox. Now, I didn't get through the whole pile, but there was an hour or two where I could tackle the archaeological dig that is my desk. I'm hoping this event repeats itself in the coming days, so that things get done for classes, the board and everyone else who is asking for my time and hoping that I get to things in their definition of a 'timely manner.' It is not that I don't want to do these things; I generally enjoy doing this sort of thing. That is likely a good thing since it is a major part of my job and my volunteer work <smile>. The problem arises when there are too many things all expecting to be done 'now' as we all begin a new year and are back from the holidays.

Speaking of which, I did change my FB profile picture today. I noticed this evening that it was still a Christmas tree -- so it is now something a bit more imposing -- a T. rex skull. Perhaps I should use that same picture on my office door and in my e-mail auto-response <giggle>.  Actually this skull is a replica of the original which is generally found at the T. rex Discovery Centre in Eastend, SK. Before I moved to the Maritimes, I spent a day at the dig where they were casting Scotty's skeleton to move out for study. It was a nearly complete skeleton, which isn't found often.

So -- from the dim recesses of my brain, I recalled a song that fits so well with this photo and the experiences watching the dig. It is not the original song, but has the original singer and another with a similar vocal range. Enjoy!

Diggin' Up Bones -- Randy Travis with John Anderson


No comments:

Post a Comment