Tuesday 14 January 2014

Day 14 -- Forecast for Rain

Day 2 of Week 2 and I slept through the alarm this morning. This doesn't bode well for the term. This type of fatigue doesn't usually occur until the last couple weeks of a term, but seems to have been with me since this one began. A constant parade of items requesting my attention still streamed into the office and cluttered my mind -- multi-tasking really doesn't work as well as I'd like it to when I'm tired. The day began with a barrage of things that seemed to be past due by the time I encountered them -- beginning with hearing the news 30-40 minutes after the alarm. The world is still turning, so nothing earth shattering occurred when it took me longer to respond than expected -- nothing other than me feeling stressed and hyper trying to move to the next things on the list. Most things were completed and by supper time I had chosen to leave some until tomorrow morning. Supper was an unplanned pizza with friends -- a very pleasant and relaxing way to end the work day.

Once home, I finished a few household tasks and worked to relax this evening. I spent time listening to the weather network discussing the January thaw in Ontario. Here, we expect more rain to fall mainly overnight. So while washing my hair, I began to hum today's musical selection. As a prairie person, I did not have the appreciation for rain that I have learned living in a maritime climate. So, I think I can honestly say that this song title is how I feel -- especially if it is working to rid my world of the thick ice on the ground. <smile>.  Enjoy!

I Love a Rainy Night -- Eddie Rabbitt




No comments:

Post a Comment