Friday 24 January 2014

Day 24 -- Olympic Training Ground

Wonderful sunny day today -- cold but sunny with almost no wind.  It reminded me of winter at home on the prairies. <smile> On my way back home tonight after wading through the snow in behind the neighbour's yard -- it is a two block shorter route to my yard -- I saw my shovelled pathways from the backyard to the front street. This property runs uphill from the back of the lot where the house is to the front of the lot out by the street. The shovel-width pathway is about 100 feet long. The knee- to thigh-deep walls and the slight curves in the path instantly reminded me of a luge run. Perhaps I should hire out track time to aspiring Olympians for the next winter Games <grin>.

The selection for today takes us back to the Calgary Olympics in 1988 -- where I saw Pirmin Zurbriggen win gold in men's downhill -- amazing day at the track. This song is from the movie Cool Runnings. And it looks like there will be a team in Sochi! Enjoy!

Disney movie "Cool Running" -- Jamaican Bobsled Team



No comments:

Post a Comment