Saturday 4 January 2014

Da y 4 -- Sunshine and Snow

Today was a good day. <smile> Two trips into the cold outside to shovel snow. Managed to shovel front and back porches and stairs and the long trek to the street. I actually stopped short of getting to the town sidewalk and left that for the plough-man to do when he pushes out the end of the drive for me. That will mean another hour outside tomorrow to clear off the car after I shovel a path around it so I can clear it all off. Tomorrow will be warmer -- expected to be closer to freezing (0C/32F) instead of in the high minus teens with windchill values into the minus 20s. Heavier snow, but warmer toes -- its a trade-off.

While shoveling, I paused often to stare at the sky -- it was blue -- and to look at the sun -- indirectly <g>.  Everything was white and sparkly. Now, this isn't the sparkle of a -35C day in Saskatchewan. Nothing matches that wonder of walking through the frozen crystals in the air -- gorgeous.  But, today was delightful in its own way.

No need for me to visit a gym, when I can do weight lifting, squats and lunges in the front yard. It seems the weather will continue as it has with one storm after another, just to help me with the fitness thing. <grin>

So -- the tune in my head today was another oldie, but this one from 1966.Gotta love Rubber Soul.  Enjoy!

Good Day Sunshine -- The Beatles


No comments:

Post a Comment