Wednesday 13 July 2016

Day 3 - 195 -- Walking the Main

After a day filled with smaller tasks and shorter meetings, I headed home for supper. A cool wind had begun to blow making the warmth of the day dip to something I find more comfortable <smile>. It also makes the furry one happy when he can lay in front of an open screen. I changed into my evening lounge clothes and then discovered that I needed to head to Main Street for a couple errands. Redressed in 'public' clothes, I walked out to the bank machine and drug store.

While walking down the street admiring the sky, I noticed more traffic than usual on the street. A larger group of greying bikers passed by on my way out and when heading back I saw their bikes parked and then walked through the group as they waited for a table at a local eatery. I'd seen many small groups trolling for a dinner place when I drove home tonight. The number of tourists present in town has been noticeable. Generally, I've just been noticing this on the sidewalks, but tonight the vehicular traffic was much greater than is usual and it is only mid-week. All this made me happy to be walking instead of struggling down the street with stop lights on each corner for 4 blocks <smile>.

While walking back home this evening, one line ran through my head. I may have laughed since I tend to mutter as I walk -- often a whisper but sometimes out loud -- it's an absent minded professor thing <giggle>.  This lyric fit my situation perfectly. Enjoy!

I'm Walkin' -- Fats Domino


No comments:

Post a Comment