Sunday 24 July 2016

Day 3 - 206 -- More Storms

Weather was hot and humid again today, with an afternoon filled with thunder and rain. I had computer work to do and hand laundry, but those don't happen during an electrical storm. I did some paperwork and a few kitchen tasks. By supper time, the sky was clear blue, so I did water involved activities. It was not the most productive day, but a few things were done. I'd hoped to watch TV tonight, but there seems to be nothing on -- and it is a Sunday night. Odd. I do have a couple of movies that I could watch on demand, so that will likely be the fun thing for the evening.

Stormy days often leave me at loose ends, since they interfere with a number of things I might wish to do. Coming from the prairies, I've grown up knowing that lightning can follow water and telephone lines. I expect using a cell phone would be less of an issue than a land line, though. Storms that occur overnight seem less disruptive since we are sleeping. To be honest, thunderstorms happened so regularly in the night in Saskatchewan, that I often slept through them, only hearing of them at work the next day when someone would ask, "Did you hear that storm last night?" It obviously had disrupted their sleep. When such storms fill afternoons and evenings (and here two days in a row) much activity is impaired. It is likely that I find this more disruptive since electrical storms are less common in the maritimes, At least the skies are dark and foreboding so that people have some advance warning if in the midst of outdoor activities in the trees. The storms are lovely to watch from a distance if one is in a safe area.

I thought of a calming song for today that fits with our disruptive weather. Enjoy!

Stormy Sky -- The Kinks


No comments:

Post a Comment