Sunday 12 January 2020

Day 7 - 11 -- Feeling Lucky

Arm was very painful today. On top of that. I have personal evidence to support the research noting that fluid calories don't attenuate hunger like solids. <grump>I am so hungry. A friend took me out for groceries to get pudding, yogurt and soup. Other than that, I rested most of the day. It was good to get some soup, even if I needed to puree it; the flavour was a pleasant change from sweeter fruity things. I also managed some fruit bread that I could dunk in hot chai to help it to dissolve.

Again today, I marveled at my support systems. One friend who called and took me for groceries and another who helped me to laugh in a longer conversation. I am so very lucky. That brings some happy tears amongst the frustrated tears of the day. Not being able to fully use the dominant arm is frustrating. I can't grasp and lift something so the connective tissue and bone movement in the forearm feel angry right now. I am also lucky that this accident did not crack my skull, break my jaw, break my arm, or create a concussion. It could have been much worse. Don't get me wrong; it is bad, but easily could have gone another direction.

I Feel Lucky -- Mary Chapin Carpenter






No comments:

Post a Comment