Sunday 5 January 2020

Day 7 - 4 -- Supportive Friends

Support from friends can save the day or help save you from yourself some days <smile>. In person or online their virtual or real hugs can help enormously. I've mentioned the concept of social support in this blog often. It is one of the social determinants of health. Simply having friends to rely on and to help when they need you can improve health status. Interesting.

I am gifted with friends and family (and the difference between those blurs the lines of difference) who are there when I need them. We have seen each other through many lows and highs in life. Many live great distances from me, yet through e-communication platforms we are able to be together at any point in time. This is amazing and fascinating in an academic sense -- all in all, so very special on a personal level.  Thank you to those who support me when things go sideways. You know who you are. I love you for your caring natures.

I thought of a few songs that almost fit the topic of the day. I settled on one. It might be better with the use of a plural pronoun (we, us) rather than sounding like a singular take over (I). This would support the reciprocal nature of social support well. Enjoy!

I Won't Let Go -- Rascal Flatts



No comments:

Post a Comment