Tuesday 28 January 2020

Day 7 - 24 -- Reaching for the Goals

I returned to the office for the first time in almost two weeks. Getting back into the rhythms of writing, reading and responding to e-mails created much turmoil today. The arm doesn't keyboard as well as usual. The forearm entered spasm a few times. This could be due to the amount of typing or the angle of the keyboard drawer on the desk. At home I type on a laptop, which hadn't created much distress, but I typed much less than I had to today. In the e-mail were several items that made me feel grateful, such as the offers of assistance given my physical damage from the fall. Others brought major stress from feeling pushed to do something that isn't necessary. <sigh>  Just a usual day at the office, I guess, but I am out of practice. I had just been recovering the beat from the holiday break, when I fell and have had to deal with a different type of break from the office. It will all get back into the swing of things, I'm sure. I just have to find some patience -- really not my strong suit. <smile>

I felt the need for a pep talk but found great motivating lyrics deep in the recesses of my brain. The lyrics explain the need to focus on the goal and determine that a way will be found around the road washouts. wild fires and floods. Working to the goal with a positive frame of mind may minimize the nasty fear that lurks in all of us. It does take work to find the rhythm again but it will happen. Getting past the nasty bits will occur, too. The song shared has a wonderful beat. Enjoy!

What a Feeling -- Irene Cara


No comments:

Post a Comment