Sunday 19 January 2020

Day 7 - 13 -- A Week Begins

The  day began with a visit to my dental surgeon. The news was better than I'd expected. He moved the incisor that had been pushed back in the fall to a position closer to normal. I have to work at getting it the last bit forward and sideways. Lisping was reduced, but is still present. Molars don't yet meet as they should, but I may be able to chew softer foods. That is a victory today. <smile> I then went to the physio who looked at the arm and will address the pain in a couple of days once the swelling reduces. Throughout the day at home, a number of chores were tackled and I managed pasta and sauce for supper. It was a challenge but with the 'almost' chewing ability of molars, it worked albeit slowly.

The music world lost an amazing drummer recently -- to that horrible beast cancer. Neil Peart of the Canadian band Rush, has been hailed as one of the drumming greats. I chose two songs for today with meaningful lyrics. The first fits much of the world situation -- both large and small issues. The second selection reflects the emotions expressed by many on hearing of this loss. Enjoy!

Closer to the Heart -- Rush



Tears -- Rush


No comments:

Post a Comment