Sunday 12 January 2020

Day 7 - 12 -- A Quiet Sunday

I woke later than usual today after a very good sleep last night. My arm doesn't hurt while sleeping, but gets sore as I move it or use it. I added a stretchy stocking support that I had from the physio from when I broke my left elbow a few years back. A friend came by to assist me with some household chores that required two functional arms along with some encouragement to get things done. I also realized early in the afternoon, that I need to stick to the schedule for the anti-inflammatory meds. When I don't, like this morning, things hurt more and sooner. 

I have new bruises present today in a circle around my mouth -- no surprise. Just a hint of pale blue above and below lips where teeth would have impacted the soft tissue. The road rash is much less of an angry red and moving to a darker reddish shade. That bruise is still dark blue. Other minor aches seem more pronounced today than earlier. These things do come along in 48-72 hours after a trauma. So I expect more to appear before they begin to disappear.

Overnight we had rain, freezing rain, ice pellets and some bits of snow. it is slushy on the sidewalks and roads. Mixed precipitation and snow are expected overnight with some cloud with flashes of sun tomorrow. That will be wonderful. Temperatures will remain below freezing, so it may be slippery. Most of where I need to head will mean walking main sidewalks that are regularly cleared and salted, so that should not present a problem.

For this overall quiet day, with some productive moments and others that were very inactive, a silly song came to mind.  It comes from an historic album that had prog rock influences. Enjoy!

Lazing on a Sunday afternoon -- Queen




No comments:

Post a Comment