Sunday 12 January 2020

Day 7 - 9 -- No More Snow!

Well, the meteorologists seem to have been correct last evening. Tons of snow fell and blew around overnight. I shoveled out to the car again today. There was about as much snow as I moved last night to move again today. Behind the car where I hadn't moved a shovel width for a pathway yesterday, was waist deep. That snow was heavy and wet as it was thrown by the street plow and the sidewalk plow. I didn't go near that. My plow guy dealt with that around dinner time.

I headed out for dinner with friends. It was fun, but we were the only table in the place. Weather must have many people staying home or digging out. After dinner, I shoveled the bits behind the car after the plow guy pushed the deep drifts onto the front lawn. I also did around the side of the house, but still need to do the back steps and porch. It is one large drift that will need to be tackled from the top down rather than the bottom up. In my best Scarlet O'Hara, I noted that "tomorrow's anothah day,"
and walked back to the front and into the house. <smile>

The song chosen for today fits well with my reaction to the snow today. <smile> Smaller bits are quite doable, but big falls are so difficult. Enjoy!

I hate the frigging snow -- G. Salvia


No comments:

Post a Comment