Thursday 23 January 2020

Day 7 - 15 -- Emotional Event

Snow shoveling occupied part of the day, moving the lighter upper layer before the next snowfall. It was challenging with only one arm working. The right arm will not lift or push without pain. I used a smaller shovel and pushed and lifted with the left arm only, using the dominant arm only to guide the shovel while lifting. Thankfully, a good friend helped with the process. A visit to the physio involved massage and whirlpool therapy. There latter felt so wonderful, I could have stayed there for hours <smile>.

I attended a memorial service for my uncle Len via live streaming. It was held in Kelowna. A first for me, this technology worked very well. Seeing my family members there felt so comforting. I only wish I could have been there in person. <sigh>. My cousin did an amazing job with the eulogy, covering Len's career in the Canadian Forces (Army) and some of the family stories that have reached the status of legend <smile>. Each of the two daughters-in-law presented one of the readings. A wonderful photo montage with some of his favourite music showed many highlights of Len's life. The selection for today comes from that video. It was one I heard often as a child and loved as a teen and adult. The Glenn Miller Orchestra was the one we heard most often. I couldn't find an arrangement by that band that fit what I recall, so I went with a different orchestra with a singer. I like the arrangement better, though the tempo is a bit slower than any Glenn Miller version I've heard. Either way it is a great tune. Enjoy! 

Sentimental Journey -- Les Brown and his Orchestra ft. Doris Day


No comments:

Post a Comment