Tuesday 28 January 2020

Day 7 - 22 -- Studying Musical History

In class this week -- I'm taking a course titled 'The Beatles' offered by our Music Department Chair -- we covered aspects of 1964. The video for the week was to watch 'A Hard Day's Night.' It had been a while since I'd seen the film from beginning to end. I found it intriguing to watch with only the professor and I having been around when the original was released. Now, I didn't see it until a few years later, but I have seen it a few times. The corny humour seemed to hold up as many in the class giggled at at the silliness. Some students even brought movie snacks with them. It was a fun event followed by a great analysis and discussion.

I chose a song from the movie to share here. This song was written by Lennon and McCartney, but was sung by Harrison. It is one of only two songs by the songwriting duo that Harrison sang in his time in the band. All others he sang lead on were his own compositions. Interestingly, the song began with the last few bars of the bridge rather than the verse or chorus which was more common. Enjoy!

Happy Just to Dance with You -- The Beatles

No comments:

Post a Comment