Saturday 8 March 2014

Day 66 -- working for that balance point

This is the end of a very hectic week. I'm not sure things will change much in the coming weeks, but even a slight change of pace would be welcomed. There was good news today from a couple students and a colleague, which helped brighten the day. It is always good to hear of plans coming together <smile>.

Over the coming weekend, I hope to work through some prep for next week on several fronts. This may help to quell some of the intermittent panic that arises. The plan is to help me to regain some of that control that has been excessively slippery and difficult to grasp over the past couple of weeks. Even getting something on paper for the various project work plans should help with some sense of stability. Some sleep would help with the whole process, too, I expect <smile>.  So, while there is a lot of 'work' to do this weekend, it is a break of sorts that often helps me to recharge. Several people have heard me opine on personality types, but I do know that as an introvert the concept of 'cocooning' really does help me to relax and recuperate while improving productivity and concentration. Don't get me wrong I have no desire to see this pass quickly. As my 98 year old friend has always said to me, "Don't wish your life away." Very wise words. So I want to be part of this, I just need to find a way to build in some moments in the days for some quiet reflection.

Today's selection has some wonderful lines by two great song writers that fit well with my thoughts today.  Enjoy!

Take it Easy -- Travis Tritt (ft. some other familiar faces in the video <g>)








No comments:

Post a Comment