Tuesday 11 March 2014

Day 70 -- the power of friends

Tuesday dawned cold but sunny. The temperature increased through the day so that we had wet snow falling all afternoon -- 2+ inches where it accumulated. By the time I left work, the snow had almost stopped. Tomorrow is to be a mix of sun and snow transitioning to rain. I'm calling this storm (for those north of us will get far more snow Wed into Thursday) Sheilaugh's Broom. This name is given to a late winter storm that occurs close to St. Patrick's Day. It is said to be named for St. Patrick's wife -- the storm represents her cleaning house and sweeping out the last of winter. Spring is on its way -- the sun is stronger, the air smells different and precipitation is a mix of winter and spring weather -- the signs of the transition season arriving.

I had a few moments throughout the day to reflect on the events of the past couple of weeks when friends have said a word or smiled or more -- moments that moved my spirits higher and helped me get through the minutes, hours and days when things were not going according to my plan <smile>.

Today's selection is my way of acknowledging this help and saying thanks. I have always loved this song sung by this singer -- even though many others have done wonderful versions. I recall watching the event where this was recorded, albeit via television and not in person. Watch for the other familiar folks on stage. Enjoy!

A Little Help from my Friends -- Joe Cocker (ft. Brian May and Phil Collins)



No comments:

Post a Comment