Saturday 1 March 2014

Day 60 -- waiting for rebirth

Lovely sunshine greeted me this morning. It was amazing. The solar loading is growing so things are warming out there as we creep toward spring. This is a time of year when we look to that rebirth -- greening of grass, trees in full leaf and flowers. I know that the annual bloom count was some time back for those out in Victoria, but for the rest of the nation, we are anxiously awaiting the snow drops and crocus.

This is the time of year that brings with it memories of several losses -- people close to my heart then and still. Sadly, several friends have encountered losses of their own this past week. This has made me think of things that helped me through the pain and sorrow. Interestingly, many of these involved music. It really speaks to the soul for all moods and emotions. I have found it a great soother and a way to find peace. 

So today, I want to share one of those songs with you all. It was written after the loss of a parent by the singer-songwriter. He has an amazing knack for packaging those feelings into words and notes -- as a way to work through life or the 'infinite contradictions'.  Enjoy! 

Let the tree fall -- James Lee Stanley

No comments:

Post a Comment