Monday 24 March 2014

Day 83 -- odd behaviours

In the past week or two, I've encountered unexpected behaviour in a number of people I know (me included). The stress of end of term was my number one explanation, though the full moon ran a close second. People who never seem to say a sharp word of any sort, abruptly cut people off in mid-sentence, causing some distress in the speaker (one of which was me <smile>). Other people asked the same questions repeatedly and those that were asking me, received the same response but rephrased in hopes of helping with understanding.

It seems odd  to me that a community of people act out in unusual ways at the same time. When everyone seems in a negative space on the same day in the same workplace, it can be challenging for all involved. I've encountered this in other places, so it is not unique to the current worksite. When one person is having an off day, the others are better equipped to deal with it. When everyone is off, no one has the resources available to manage the situation well. Days like the latter can engender feelings of anger, sadness or irritation and can take some time to work through. Days like that would improve with a counsellor or massage therapist (or both) on staff -- ones that just wander the halls looking for incidents in which to intervene. Some days it would be a short wander. So -- stress is the likely culprit, but I'm still not discounting the full moon.

Today the selection seems to fit the topic -- another song phrase that ran through my mind last week. Enjoy!

Bad Moon Rising -- Creedence Clearwater Revival (CCR)



No comments:

Post a Comment