Monday 7 December 2015

Day 2 - 340 -- Memories of Christmases Past

Today was filled with meetings and a couple of errands squeezed into the afternoon. The day was warm and sunny but the temps dropped sharply around sunset.  It is to be partly sunny for the rest of the week, which is delightful even if hovering around the freezing point.

I was thinking of Christmas and what I'd like to get accomplished in preparation -- the list is far to long and requires sensible editing. <smile>  Those thoughts took me to Christmases past when I lived in Winnipeg and Toronto and was able to attend the ballet in December. The traditional Nutcracker is amazing -- the music, the choreography and the staging. I have a calendar in the kitchen with a fantastic photo from the Balanchine version, still very traditional. That picture reminds me of the performances I've attended. I've loved them all, but the first was special. The principals there were Karen Kain and Frank Augustyn -- pure poetry and strength combined.

The selection for today comes from the music of the ballet. I share with you a newer version done in a less traditional format. Enjoy!

Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy -- Pentatonix


No comments:

Post a Comment