Saturday 12 December 2015

Day 2 - 345 -- Background Music

It has been warm today and rained overnight -- though not a bright day due to the clouds. I have oodles to do and yet even though the list holds many things I want to do, there seems to be little 'get up and go' involved today. I want it done -- just seems to be another situation for those elusive elves to assist with. <smile>

While working on the computer, a movie was playing in the background -- Angel's Song. It is a Christmas movie with many musical folks playing parts -- Harry Connick, Jr., Willie Nelson, Lyle Lovett, Kris Kristopherson and oodles more. So, while working I heard a variety of seasonal music sung by many wonderful voices. I stopped when one particular song appeared. It seemed out of place, yet was so wonderfully performed. I chose to share this with you today. The singers voices juxtapose, while their phrasing seems unexpected in places. It seemed a fitting song to share since this year is the fiftieth anniversary of the song's debut. Enjoy!

Christmas Time is Here -- Lyle Lovett with Kat Edmonson & Mitch Watson

No comments:

Post a Comment