Thursday 24 December 2015

Day 2 - 357 -- Twas the night before . . .

Well -- I managed a few further Christmas related tasks. Wrapped gifts to take out tomorrow and made two batches of cookies. The latter are all iced and drying in the kitchen. I tried a new recipe -- a spiced sugar cookie -- have been messing with this recipe for a couple years and I think it might almost be there this year. We'll see after things sit for a couple days to 'cure'.  The other recipe was a version of oat cakes. I used Christmas design cutters and stencils to decorate most of these. There are about 5 dozen, so they will be used when I visit others. Any leftovers will head to the freezer to stop me from eating quite as many -- it makes one more mindful to have to walk downstairs to the deep freezer to get a cookie <smile>. I read the two Christmas books that have become tradition -- A Bush Nativity -- a children's book about the nativity among the fauna of  the outback of Australia. The other is A Wish for Wings that Worked by Berkeley Breathed -- with Opus as the key character. This is also a children's book but has a lot to say to adults as well. All that finished and I am relaxing in bed with Love Actually. And, according to NORAD Santa has been through town already.

The song chosen carries the sentiment that I was thinking of throughout the day -- the chorus lyrics ran through my head while I was scurrying around. Happy holidays. Enjoy!

Merry Christmas Everybody -- Train




No comments:

Post a Comment