Saturday 26 December 2015

Day 2 - 358 -- Bright Sunny Warm December Day

What a gorgeous day it has been.  The sun shone brightly through the day with temperatures reaching about 15C during the early afternoon. I walked to a friend's for supper, something that wouldn't generally occur. Coming home was lovely -- a peaceful 20 minute journey on a cooler evening with a large Christmas moon. They tell us that moon won't happen again for another 19 years. Given the regularity of overcast skies in the maritimes, seeing the moon tonight meant a lot.

I spoke with family by phone early today, then cooked a new recipe for dinner tonight. Trying something new when others will be eating it carries a bit of extra stress. I'm happy to report that it turned out wonderfully. Brussels sprouts separated into leaves and wilted with shallots, prosciutto, garlic and some pimentos. It turned out well and I will be making it in the future. Being green with the red pimento made it a perfect dish for Christmas dinner. <smile> Dinner with friends made the day extra-special -- so much conversation and laughter to add to the great foods and wine. All in all, a totally yummy day.

I listened to Christmas music as I walked up and back today. I even found myself singing as I walked along the street. (I will admit to feeling offended when others do this <smile>). The joy, peace and calm of the day are feelings that I'd like to capture to take forward into all other days. I suppose that is what memories are for, yet, having the populace maintaining these feelings en masse might make life easier to bear some days. The songs shared today deal with the day and the desire to hang onto the positive emotions. The video for the first uses some odd artwork choices and the second uses Spanish subtitles. The audio quality was best on these two, so I suggest listening rather than viewing for these two. Enjoy!


For unto you this night -- Garth Brooks

If Everyday was Like Christmas -- Elvis Presley


No comments:

Post a Comment