Thursday 17 December 2015

Day 2 - 349 -- Hope for Peace

It was a full day -- a morning exam and an afternoon getting other grading completed before having to cloister myself to get the exams graded. There are still a couple of major items that need to be read or written before next week, but exams take precedence over almost everything -- Christmas shopping, baking or just trying to get some decent sleep <smile>. I have almost 3 days to finish this one before the next one arrives on Saturday. I did get the first section of two questions completed tonight. The next 2 days will be non-stop marking, and there likely will still be some left for earlier on Saturday.

For some reason I was reminded of a poem by Longfellow that spoke about the need for a kinder, gentler world. It likely came to me after waking to the news today -- not that  today was different than other days, but I suspect that planted the seed in a half-awake brain early today. This led me to the song that is based on that poem. Several renditions exist, but the original version  is still my favourite. Newer melodies and rhythms simply don't do it justice. They seem to fancy it up and take away from the words with the key message of hope for change. So, I'm going with a singer from the distant past for this one. Enjoy!

I heard the bells on Christmas Day -- Bing Crosby


No comments:

Post a Comment