Monday 14 December 2015

Day 2 - 347 -- Storms Brewing

 Monday -- the calm before the storm -- literally and figuratively. I managed to get through some of the work that needs to be done by Wednesday morning. Still many things need to occur before the onslaught of exams that begins with one course final Wednesday morning. Much must occur tomorrow to get me ready to grade like a mad woman so the first course is done before the larger second course writes on Saturday. In meteorological news, "something wicked this way comes." That is about as clear as the predicted type(s) of precipitation we have at present. There will be snow, rain, ice pellets and freezing rain (likely groppel in the mix, too). What is iffy is how much of each will be visited on the different areas of the region. Something will start overnight and then likely a less frozen variety during the day tomorrow. We'll see.  Knowing this was in the offing, after work I went to get the key grocery items needed. There are a few items that would be nice to have, from a different store, so I'll decide on that trip once the weather situation is clearer tomorrow.

I'm hoping that by evening tomorrow, I can do some 'want to do' stuff such as baking cookies and gingerbread cake. I do want to get some things made at home, but if time doesn't work, I can buy a few things from a local bakery and wait to bake for Julian Christmas <smile>. I'm hoping to get to use the newest stencil-cookie cutter to join the baking paraphernalia this year -- a Christmas tree.

A song that came to mind today is a favourite holiday song. The a cappella style is unusual for this group as is the musical genre. This is a traditional holiday Spanish folk song. Also, I love that this shows the vocal skills of these young men (well, young back then <g>).  Enjoy!

Riu Chiu -- The Monkees


No comments:

Post a Comment