Saturday 12 December 2015

Day 2 - 344 -- The New Greeting Mode

The end of another week and two weeks to Christmas. Many meetings occurred today -- some short and some long. Several important e-mails were sent and received. A phone call from a past student brightened the day. The day ended with the building holiday party. It was a wonderful potluck event with amazing food and great conversations. People that I don't get a chance to chat with during work and their spouses and kids all led to fun conversations and updating. It was another successful collegial celebration this year.

At the end of the meeting day, I did some shopping for my own parcel under the tree. It reminds me of a little boy from my past -- he was about 3 and had been told that Santa would bring gifts to good boys and girls. Gifts were placed under the tree closer to Christmas even though the tree was up earlier. Each day he would check to see if there were any new gifts there. A few days went by with no gifts appearing. Later in the evening, the family realized that there was a clumsily wrapped gift under the tree. Upon inspection, it was his favourite toy fire engine wrapped in tissue paper. He had placed his own gift under the tree. I smile whenever I buy something 'for me' for Christmas -- and I do put them in gift bags much like that little fellow did years ago. I know that when I go shopping for others, I always come home with things for me or the house. It really is that I rarely have time to go shopping, so when I do, I purchase gifts for others and find things that had been on the 'need' and 'want' lists for me, too.

The song I chose to share today is a modern take on Christmas greetings. It made me smile and shake my head at the same time. <smile>  It is a different world of communications <grin>. Enjoy!

Text Me Merry Christmas -- Straight No Chaser ft. Kristen Bell


No comments:

Post a Comment