Tuesday 8 December 2015

Day 2 - 341 -- Generational Dialects

Tired would be the word of the day. Early meetings and late night catch up work leave little time for sleeping it seems. I nearly fell asleep in the waiting room at the MD this afternoon. I had packed some papers to read and then left them in the car, so had very little to keep my brain awake. Nothing major with that visit, just a prescription renewal and check in on the arm.

Thinking of holiday music today had me smiling. I recalled a few fun tunes from long, long ago. One in particular seemed to keep coming to the centre of my thoughts, so it must be the choice of the day -- even it did seem to choose itself <smile>.  The song takes us back to a very different use of language for slang. Each decade has its own dialect as part of the socialization of youth -- trying to set themselves apart from the generations before them. This is a fun process of translation to current day. Enjoy!

Yulesville -- Edd "Kookie" Burns


No comments:

Post a Comment