Sunday 17 January 2016

Day 3- 16 -- Suspending Belief

Just another Saturday or so it seemed. I ran out for milk, did laundry, prepped classes for next week and chatted on the phone. The weather folks forecast some snow for the day but managed to predict everything from 1-3 cm to 15-25 cm,, back and forthing much of the past couple of days. The snow began in early afternoon and it seems to be still falling after midnight, but not as thickly as it was around supper time. This nor'easter is moving out of the area in the next few hours.

I looked out the window just a bit ago and had to open the inside door just to have a better look through the storm door. I will admit to not fully believing what I was seeing. There have been only light winds so the snow fell at a very mild angle and accumulated on the porch rails quite well --the same at the backdoor. It would appear that the piles there are close to 35cm (14 inches) and there are deeper drifts in front of each door, so it will take some work to get out of the house to even begin to move it tomorrow. Had it been easier to get out, I'd have checked with my ruler to see if my estimate is close to reality. It has been a few years since we've had this much snow in one storm. Moving it will take at least 3 hours -- broken into several sojourns over tomorrow and Monday. It is difficult not to feel frustrated when I've managed to get a couple hours to myself this weekend and now they will be taken by moving snow. Temperatures are right around freezing, so it shouldn't be too nasty to be out even if the wind increases.

The selection for today reminded me of a song from my childhood. It seemed to fit the cat-like thought processes I'm encountering in myself -- if I can't see it, it isn't really there <smile>.  Enjoy!

The Age of not Believing -- Angela Landsbury -- Bedknobs and Broomsticks


No comments:

Post a Comment