Thursday 28 January 2016

Day 3 - 28 -- New music, Old memories

Came across a 'new to me' Canadian band this week when they were featured on a morning show. Their first album was released in 2013 -- the same year that they won a Juno for Breakthrough Band of the Year. The second album will be released in February this year -- about 3 weeks from now. One of the pre-released songs was played and I just stopped and listened. They reminded me so much of many musical sounds from the past with their solid rock format -- regardless of the modifiers some people may try to put in front of 'rock'. They even looked like singers of the past <smile>. I wouldn't use the term 'retro' for these guys, though, as they really seem to be channeling that music from the past, rather than merely imitating it. This song took me back to friends and places I haven't thought of or seen in my head for a long time -- like right back to residence rooms and group gatherings, clothes I was wearing and the campus walk to the side door of Res. That is some powerful music and it was new not one of the many bands we listened to in those dorm rooms <smile>. Isn't music a wonderful thing?

I'll share the song that stopped me in my tracks. Enjoy!

Don't Tell me How to Live -- Monster Trucks


No comments:

Post a Comment