Tuesday 19 January 2016

Day 3 - 19 -- Sinus Rebellion

Another busy day with further snow clearing at work and around town. More is occurring  tonight on campus for the remaining overnight parking areas still to be cleared. I expect town will begin clearing the piles from the major streets soon. Main Street has snow filling the parking lanes and burying the parking meters. I did notice while walking home tonight that this hadn't deterred folks from parking on both sides of the street -- the major truck route through town -- leaving little room for cars driving down the road. I headed home earlier than planned today, ate and will do the blog and head off to bed. Sinus infection seems to rule today.

I slept poorly last night due to the repeated coughing -- just enough to clear the throat, but enough to almost wake me up. Short of sleeping while sort of sitting up, there is unlikely to be any relief tonight. It isn't the sort of thing that cough syrup generally helps with -- at least not the type I have in my medicine chest. I may need to consult my local pharmacist for a different concoction tomorrow if things seem unimproved tonight. My appetite isn't what usually exists. I'd thought of having some hot soup to help with the de-congestion. Instead I opted for a curry -- could likely taste more with a highly spiced dish due to reduced odor detection at present. The spice mixture could also help relieve congestion. Washing my hair in the shower added some relief with the steaminess that occurs inside when it is colder outside. I dislike cold meds that dull senses and make one feel stupider than the infection alone does. So -- I will try new home remedies tomorrow if things persist -- ginger tea can be soothing and spicy enough that it might do the trick <smile>.

My physical symptoms reminded me of a song from the dark recesses of my brain. It is an instrumental with a bit of spoken word. You'll love the accompanying photo. Enjoy!

Suze (the cough song) -- Bob Dylan


No comments:

Post a Comment