Saturday 2 September 2017

Day 4 - 245 -- Changes in the air

Today was a mixed bag of weather and activities. Rain fell off and on throughout the day interspersed with clear blue sky and sunshine. A brisk breeze out of the north cooled the house -- I even donned a sweater for part of the day. Housework was mingled with work on a favourite hobby. The goal was to work towards calmness.  Sleep has been disrupted with partying neighbours over the past nine days. I'll admit that this has made me less than pleasant -- constant intrusion from outside the house creates extreme stress. I've been told to let them have this long weekend and then maybe they'll be spoken to. I'm still wondering why the 'rights' of some to break a bylaw are more important than those of people just wanting to live their lives uninterrupted. Perhaps I've become that curmudgeon stereotype after all <sigh>.

Trying to contemplate and reflect is difficult when noise interferes -- even with ear plugs that only seem to stop me from hearing my furry friend purr or the rain on the roof - both of which help me remain calm. So -- the song for today speaks to the autumnal feel in the air and weather. I do love this season and am trying my best to see and hear the changes I so love.

Fall Almanac -- The Kinks

No comments:

Post a Comment