Sunday 3 September 2017

Day 4 - 246 -- Transitions

This is the final day of my vacation time for this year. It has been a pleasant time away, though the to do list at home wasn't completed -- just like at work <smile>. I suspect the list was more a wish list that would take a year to complete. I should tuck it away in a file marked retirement, I guess <giggle>. The sun shone a bit and clouds moved in later in the day. It is raining a bit right now, but is to pick up a bit overnight and into the morning. Nature may be readying us for classes by giving us less beach weather for now.

So how does one spend the last day of vacation? I worked on my stamp collection for a while today. This always helps me to relax with the repetitive nature of the task. A friend of mine spends part of most Sunday afternoons working on his collection. This is something I aspire to do. I made lunch and laid out something to wear tomorrow for the orientation meeting with first year students. For supper I made something more like a real Sunday dinner meal than what I'd planned. It felt right doing a mini-celebration of the end of the vacation and the move into the new academic year. Oh, and I also spent an inordinate amount of time trying to choose new hikers/runners for this Fall. If only they'd provide full specs on each shoe rather than a short two or three lines. I will place the order via the toll free number next week, so I can ask the questions that the website doesn't provide fully. In the background during the day, the Harry Potter marathon played <smile>.

The song shared today came to mind when I read of the death of Walter Becker, co-founder of Steely Dan. Several songs that I hadn't thought of for a very long time came to the fore -- one was chosen. The lyrics can take on several meanings. Today they reminded me of living in the moment. Love the guitar opening to this one. Enjoy!

Reelin' in the Years -- Steely Dan


No comments:

Post a Comment