Monday 25 September 2017

Day 4 - 268 -- (Re)Centering

Ever have a day when you feel you just don't measure up? Or feel like you've failed people even when you go beyond the expectations? That was my day. I did my best to respond to vague queries electronically, but I'm just not sure it worked. I'll try again tomorrow to clarify things further. I'll admit to feeling a bit down today, even before the queries entered the day. Just woke with that dismal feeling likely because I slept poorly last night and had some pain on waking. All will improve over the next few days.

After a meeting, I headed out for groceries. Being out and about helped to raise my spirits. Exchanging small talk and smiles brought me back to the larger world -- outside myself  <smile>. Music from the opening of the Invictus games in Toronto ran through my mind. The themes of hope, perseverance and acceptance permeated the ceremony and the music choices. One song spoke to me then and again today. It was performed by a Canadian group with great harmonies. The video chosen shows what I experienced when I headed out to shop later in the day. Enjoy!

Under One Sky -- The Tenors


No comments:

Post a Comment