Tuesday 12 February 2019

Day 6 - 43 -- Running Ahead of the Storm

The sun shone again today with a bit of a north wind but warmer temperatures than the past few days. I headed out to run errands before the arrival of some monster storm headed this way. Fewer people marched through the grocery store today than I'd expected. It is student day and the day before for a storm, after all. I'm always surprised by the total when things are rung through the register. I did get things that I'd often get a drug store and some batteries, so that would push the tally higher. I think I'm set for a week or longer now. On the way home, I stopped a two places I'd planned to go to tomorrow afternoon. It is likely that I won't be going far tomorrow and places may close. We are expecting 8-15 cm snow followed by 5 cm freezing rain, ice pellets and rain. It will be messy to move around before the freeze overnight tomorrow. I'm sure I've said this before, but I am ready for spring. I will live through the remainder of winter, but fewer big storms would be perfect.

Needless to say, tasks inside the house didn't get done as I'd hoped -- some cleaning, reading and course review. All will get done tomorrow before meetings and the evening class. I feel very tired and am ready for my bedtime chai and muffin and then sleep. I was too tired to do much by 8 PM today. A song title fit this running around today ahead of some meteorological mystery. It is an instrumental with a keyboard focus -- upbeat but relaxing at the same time. Enjoy!

Time is Tight -- Booker T. and the MGs


No comments:

Post a Comment