Sunday 17 February 2019

Day 6 - 48 -- Sky Lights

It has been a quiet day. Laundry and housework filled part of the day, while some rest and a bit of paperwork entered the remainder. Sunshine entered the kitchen this morning with partly cloudy skies. The furry one spent time relaxing in that warmth. When taking the compost out to the bin this evening, the moonlight was bright. Overall then, a day filled with light from the skies.

I still struggled with getting some inside jobs done today. I have plans and intentions yet things just don't come to fruition. What may be causing this? Sometimes it feels like I may be acting like a stubborn 3-year-old stamping my foot and saying "I don't want to." That might work for a while, but eventually even the least liked chores must be done. Just doing it when planned could save a lot of angst resulting from my perceived stubborn or lazy behaviour. So, two jobs sit unfinished that I really want done this weekend. Luckily it is a long weekend, so there is another day left to attend to these. I'm not sure I'll win the battle with myself, but I will try to keep myself in check and get it done, while still leaving some time for fun things. <smile>

Some older musical movies have been playing on a cable channel. The song that came to mind tonight in the moonlight is from one of these movies. Interestingly, it was movie that I didn't get to see as planned. Perhaps the music had been in my subconscious -- who knows? <smile> I prefer the softness of version shared here over the movie version. Perhaps it is a bit more sophisticated than the rougher style of the movie character that was ably performed by Betty Hutton. Enjoy!

I Got the Sun in the Morning --  Doris Day (song from Annie Get Your Gun)

No comments:

Post a Comment