Monday 2 March 2020

Day 7 - 62 -- Encountering Near Perfection

What a glorious day! Brilliant sunshine, warmer temperatures, melting snow and still some snow and ice sparkling in the trees. I did a ton of walking today. I shoveled snow that fell between the time I shoveled yesterday and this morning. A neighbour appeared and cleared out the end of the driveway -- all the street and sidewalk plow stuff that is very heavy and wet. What I shoveled today felt lighter, so was a bit drier than what I moved yesterday. Then I headed to a friend's place to check mail while they are away for a few days. After a quick meeting downtown, I walked to the physio to chat about a meeting time this week. I ate lunch at a coffee shop and headed to the hospital for a meeting. That was a full day.

Early in the day, I called the health insurance carrier to discuss purchase of a piece of equipment that can help with ongoing pain. While the answers may not have been what I wanted to hear, the person on the other end of the phone checked all they could to help me find a work around. That kindness gave me two new directions to head, so not a complete NO <smile>. Another meeting seemed to go in a civil manner, which I hadn't been sure of. Other encounters cemented the idea that being kind and working with someone rather than being confrontational or combative can help all parties contribute to a workable solution. Mutual respect and caring go a very long way. Rather than open a chasm that may take forever to close, acting like adults may avoid negative outcomes. Seeking to understand all sides can assist problem solving, while accusing and offensive actions move people no where.  So, even this Monday brought bright moments whether from the sun or other people.

The song chosen for today is in memory of an amazing Canadian blues and jazz guitarist who died 12 years ago today -- a huge loss to the music world. The selection is an amazing cover of a Beatles song, with great guitar work by the guitarists in the band. The sound is as near perfection as the sunny day I had today. Enjoy!

While my Guitar Gently Weeps -- The Jeff Healey Band


No comments:

Post a Comment