Thursday 12 March 2020

Day 7 - 70 -- Pondering Change

I woke this morning with a smile. That doesn't happen every day, but it is great when it shows up. <smile> Activities for the day involved writing and research tasks -- a solid meeting that got us almost to the end of a large project, reworking professional license submission, and prepping for the next manuscript formatting responsibility. I always underestimate how long it takes to do this for manuscript text and, in-text citations and reference list formats that match those requested by any journal. Interestingly, each journal seems to have their own quirks and spin on broader accepted formats. Getting the syntax exact can be exhausting -- sounds like I'm talking myself into this being a nasty process <smile> when it isn't always.

Class tonight was one highlight of the evening. After tonight, only three classes remain. This makes me sad, as the content is so interesting, the music like walking down memory lane and the younger (as in all are way younger <grin>) class mates are so very into the subject their enthusiasm brings a smile every week. Tonight one song played had a major affect on me. From the first guitar licks it took me back to being about 12 years old -- a time of adolescent turmoil and awakening to the concept of social justice and need for change in the world. The lyrics of this selection fueled that thought process. The doo-wops make me smile, too. <grin> Enjoy!

Revolution -- The Beatles






No comments:

Post a Comment