Sunday 15 March 2020

Day 7 - 75 -- Questions and Hopes

Today was a cold  and quiet Sunday. I completed laundry and headed to the grocery store for a few things forgotten on the trip a few days ago. The place appeared to have been picked clean by locusts, but only in select areas. Not sure why some things fell higher on the 'must have' list, including the empty shelves where toilet paper, chicken noodle soup and canned tomatoes -- I'm hoping the latter two indicate that some cooking may be going on while being in semi-isolation. One friend called this 'hunkering down' when not required to be socially isolated as some people are now. The campus closed to all persons not employed or living there until the end of April, with the exception of those waiting for the bus and parents picking up kids. I chatted with a student and a colleague while shopping. We wished each other well and noted we'd see each other in a while.  That felt odd.  That shopping done, I headed to the pharmacy for a refill of a prescription and to the bank machine to have some cash on hand. I then got Chinese take-out for supper -- a bit of comfort food for the day.

I've noted many things that can occupy my time when remaining at home for a while. Checking in with others close by and far away will be a part of the days ahead, as will work on writing projects and professional documentation completion. Keeping busy should help the time move along. Two songs came through my mind today. The first was shared with me by a friend. It spoke to me about the hope to be free to roam around again and see those we care about both near and far. The song has a great late-'60s to early '70s vibe.  The second one was chosen due to one line that jumped into my head today when we were speaking about so many questions that don't seem to have answers at present. The lyrics are poetic with wonderful word choices and the arrangement filled with a distinct psychedelic feel. Enjoy!

One of These Days -  Ten Years After



Daily, Nightly -- The Monkees





No comments:

Post a Comment