Tuesday 31 March 2020

Day 7 - 91 -- Only Day 15

Today -- Day 15 of self isolation -- I finally got to a couple of items on the list -- sent out a peer review a day late, had a skype meeting with a writing partner and did a bit of cleaning. The day, though, has been a tough one. I went for a walk with tunes, but tears felt like they were clambering to burst forth. The walk took me to campus where I had to retrieve a couple of memory sticks that I'd left behind two weeks ago. It was such a desolate and deserted place, and I was just on the periphery of campus. The building was locked, as most are these days, so once inside it was quiet -- eerily so. On the way home I passed a favourite restaurant that is doing take-out only now. It was good to see one open as I'd passed so many closed businesses on my walk. At home, I checked the special for the evening and called in an order. Pick up times are staggered so no one encounters another person -- just the owner who brought out the food and took payment. It was good to talk to a real in front of me person, though I wish I could have given her a hug in thanks for what they are doing to keep some semblance of normalcy in a world that is so far removed from that place. I said it instead, but still not the same. Eating supper from the restaurant did help me feel a bit better. A thought I've had today is that I don't hug my friends enough. My goal when we get out of this is to make sure I do even if I have to travel to do it. For now virtual hugs will help. I'd even settle for a hug while wearing a hazmat suit. <smile>

A few lyrics fluttered around in my brain today, each noting the feelings of isolation. I finally settled on one to share. The first few lines were those that ran through my head today. Listening to the whole song made me think of what I want to do when free again to wander wherever I want with whomever I want. The lyrics hold a bit of that future thinking, too. The guitar work sounds relaxing despite the early lyrics. The tempo and melody changes from the fragments pieced together are interesting and end with something that makes me smile. Take care everyone. Check in with yourself and those you love. Be sure to tell them how you feel. Enjoy!

Band on the Run -- McCartney and Wings




No comments:

Post a Comment