Friday 27 March 2020

Day 7 - 87 -- Surprise Encounter

Got a few things knocked of the 'to do' list today. I still don't have a schedule with a rhythm that feels comfortable. With time this will appear, I'm sure. My physical activity for the day involved snow shoveling. There was more snow than I had to move two days ago. The bulk of the walkway was about 10-12 inches deep with the rest being about 6-8 inches. It rained in the evening and overnight before turning back to snow, so the ground cover was very heavy and wet. The plow man was scheduled to come by later today, so I only shoveled up to the car instead of all the way to the town sidewalk. Indoors, I tweaked the grocery order for pick up tomorrow and completed the course slides and videos for the Beatles class. I'm so very sorry to see it end online when the instructor was very animated and had great stories to tell that helped us to deconstruct the journey from formation to dissolution of the band.

While shoveling the letter carrier walked into the yard. I asked that she just leave the letter on the car roof. This meant she didn't have to wade through the snow I hadn't yet cleared or find a way for us to pass with 6 foot clearance. We said a few greetings and she was on her way. It was then I realized that that was the first time in two weeks that I'd spoken -- shouted over the 15 foot distance actually -- to a person who was in the same area as me. All other conversations have been by phone, messenger, Zoom or Skype. It meant an awful lot though I didn't realize this until after she left, or I'd have told her she made my day in this way and by bringing me a real letter from a friend and not another bill or plea for funds. <smile>


This week class content covered the activities of the band for 1969, a year that led to the Abbey Road album and Let it Be documentary and soundtrack album. There were a number of interesting songs on Abbey Road. The song shared here, though, was a single from the film and soundtrack. It is soothing and the lyrics remind me of what I've been trying to tell myself over the past 17 days as I encounter fear, uncertainty, disappointment, anxiety and panic.  Take some time for yourself to listen to this and relax. Breathe. Enjoy!

Let it Be -- The Beatles



 

No comments:

Post a Comment