Wednesday 25 March 2020

Day 7- 84 -- Disruptions hit home

Today brought some frustrations, not unexpected being in the midst of a global health crisis. Sheilagh's broom arrived in the form of a nor'easter that dropped 6-8 inches of snow by the time things slowed around 6 PM. the day felt grey inside, too. I felt an acute sense of loss as current and future travel plans to visit friends, family and colleagues have been cancelled or will be in all likelihood. I feel cheated -- or at best deep resentment. Most of these trips can be postponed rather than fully cancelled. Uncertainty of when these could be rebooked accentuates the negative emotions.

To cope with the feelings, I tried to find something to make me smile. Online friends helped with that one. <smile> Between 6 and 7 PM, I headed out to move snow. It helped with the anxiety and frustrations. I really didn't want to see that much accumulated in the yard, especially knowing that more is forecast to arrive Thursday and Friday this week. Shoveling is great exercise if done correctly, but everything being equal, I'd rather go for an invigorating walk with tunes in my ears -- but this where we were today.

When we come out the other side of this thing, I know there will be overdue visits with dear friends and family. In the meantime, at least we have electronic ways to connect. Not sure what I'd do without these. Perhaps this time will allow for reflection and help us to redouble our efforts to remain connected. The song chosen for today is by the same artist featured here yesterday. Must be channeling him right now -- there are a few other of his songs in my head now, too. Hmmm. The lyrics note something we are all dealing with as many of us are into(at least)  week two in isolation. Hang in there everyone. Enjoy!

The Waiting -- Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers







No comments:

Post a Comment