Friday 28 February 2014

Day 59 -- Lost and found and lost again

Today began as planned -- up to shovel overnight snow in the sunshine. It began to go off the rails after that. I had planned to go for annual fasting blood draw and then home for a yummy brekkie-lunch. Just as I was about to head out the door, I thought I'd dig out my health card to have it handy when checking in at the desk. Well, it wasn't in my wallet, nor had if fallen out into my briefcase, purse or pocket. After checking a few improbable places, I decided that I would make breakfast and see how one gets a replacement card. While eating (must have been the effect of glucose to a fasting brain <grin>), I recalled that all cards had been dumped onto the floor of the car earlier in the month. In the dark that evening, I was sure I'd gotten them all. A quick trip out to the car today and - voila - it and one other were under the passenger seat!  So -- trip to the lab has been postponed until next week -- provided my work schedule allows a later start one morning. I generally go for the draw about 11 AM since I eat supper late and have a small bedtime snack around 10 PM. I also don't think it is wise to try and lecture without food or fluids first <grin>.

Having found the lost card and consumed a great french toast breakfast, I moved on to the second thing on my list today. Well, I found 2/3 of the documentation I needed to produce a report. I have no idea where the other items would be. I have the two major files, but nothing there. This missing material will need to be searched out tomorrow -- I'll need to hunt through a pile of files to see if it has been misfiled. Otherwise, I'm going to have to recall and redo a report from a year ago.Given my luck with memory of late, this may be a total nightmare. I hope that a fresh mind and positive approach will help lead me to the needed items. If only the cat could remind me what I did with this package a year ago <smile>.

Today's selection talks about losing something a bit more important than my reports -- but it has some good lines. Enjoy!

Lost and Found -- Brooks and Dunn


No comments:

Post a Comment