Saturday 9 August 2014

Day 220 -- Work, Rain and Vaca

Much of the 'to do' list was left on the desk when today was done. It will be waiting when I return from vacation time. I managed to get the bulk of several larger projects completed in preparation for fall classes. There are still a couple days work needed to get the course materials arranged on the shelves, but there is time during the first week of classes to get to that. The larger task that didn't get much attention was the culling of files in two file drawers.  That, too, will wait until my return. So -- I've managed to let a few things go -- for now <smile>.

While gathering boxes for some materials, I got caught in a downpour of a thunder storm. We did get a fair amount of rain, but really need a softer steady rain for a day to help gardens, fields and forests become less crunchy. When I got back to my office, I felt it was a shame that I hadn't ever thought to store a bath towel there. <g>. My jeans were wet to the knees and sandals were soaked. I dried off the boxes and my feet with paper towel and commenced to fill the boxes with former course materials for storage. When I left for home I felt calmer than earlier in the day. Definitely a good thing <smile>.

Only one song kept running through my head all day. I even used the title with a few people, always followed by laughter. I chose not to burden them with my a capella singing and just said the phrase with feeling. <g> There are many versions, but I settled on this one -- a bit more up tempo than the original. Enjoy!

See you in September -- Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons


No comments:

Post a Comment