Friday 15 August 2014

Day 227 -- Finding A Key Wardrobe Article

I finally bit the bullet today and went to try on jeans. The pair I've had for a couple years have little spots of thinning denim around the seams and rivets on the back pockets. I fear that one day when I'm somewhere extremely public, the thinning will turn into an outright hole. I can put something behind the thinning areas to avoid a grim wardrobe malfunction. A small iron-on 'patch' might work better than duct tape, I suspect.

I find shopping for clothing extremely stressful. Generally I know what I want and it can be difficult to find anything that is even close to what I see in my head. So, I walked in to the store (we have two where there are things that fit me but not all are age appropriate). I told the pleasant sales associate that I would like medium to dark wash straight leg but not skinny. I felt like I was ordering from a barista. She knew her stock and gave me 4 or 5 styles to try on and each in 2 sizes where both sizes were available. I tried them all on. I discovered that one of the labels alluded to the ability of the jeans to give you the butt you'd always wanted. It seems this actually relates to the cut of jeans made for a female shape with spandex in the cotton to hug curves.  I still found a couple styles that had a major gap in the back waistband, but then I found 4 styles that actually fit and I liked. So -- I tried them on again and got it down to 2 pairs. Tried these each on and chose one. Turns out today all jeans were 20% off -- some sort of denim-based karma, I guess.

So -- I now have another pair of jeans. I still plan to look for different styles when shopping in the big city later this month <smile>. I just wish everyone had Levis in the style they no longer make -- it would make life easier for this western jean style person. I love my jeans and would live in denim if it were wholly appropriate at the office <g>.

The song for today came to me fairly quickly given my penchant for jeans. Enjoy!

Forever in Blue Jeans -- Neil Diamond




No comments:

Post a Comment